Sun, Feb 04|
Puppy Bowl 2024: Paws, Pints, and Play
Get ready for a tail-wagging good time at Puppy Bowl 2024: Paws, Pints, and Play! Join us for a day of adoptable dogs, delicious food and drink, and dog-themed games and activities. Whether you're looking to adopt or just want to show your support, this is an event you won't want to miss.
Time & Location
Feb 04, 2024, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Arlington, 2709 S Oakland St, Arlington, VA 22206, USA
About the event
- Obstacle Course: Set up a series of agility challenges for the dogs to navigate, such as tunnels, ramps, and weave poles. Have a designated area for the obstacle course, and make sure there are plenty of treats and water available for the dogs.
- Pup Draft: Invite guests to participate in a mock "draft" where they can "choose" their favorite adoptable dog to be on their "team." This can be a fun way for attendees to get to know the dogs up for adoption and show their support. Guests pay a $5 fee to cast their vote for their favorite adoptable dog. The collected funds are donated to the animal rescue organization A representative from the rescue organization can accept the donation and thank the attendees for their support. The dog with the most votes is crowned the "top dog" and the winner of the draft, and prizes can be awarded to the winner and their "team.”
- Best Trick Contest: Host a contest where attendees and their dogs can show off their best tricks, such as fetching, rolling over, or speaking on command. Have a designated area for the contest and judges to determine the winner.
- Adoptable Dog Station: A designated area where guests can interact with adoptable dogs from Furever Haven!
- Pet Adoption Story Collection: Save the date and join us for our next event on February 4th from 11 AM-3 PM, Puppy Bowl 2024: Paws, Pints, & Play. As part of Puppy Bowl 2023, we're collecting heartwarming adoption stories from our community. We'd love to hear about the special bond you've formed with your furry friend, and how adoption has changed both of your lives. Share your story in a paragraph of about 150 words or less, and include any photos you'd like to share. We'll be featuring some of the stories at the event and on our social media channels, so you may even see yourself and your pup in the spotlight! Your story can inspire others to adopt and help make a difference in the lives of homeless pets. We can't wait to hear your tale!" 🐶💞 Here are some questions and an outline to help you write your adoption stories:
- When did you adopt your pet, and where did you find them?
- What was it about your pet that made you want to adopt them?
- How has adoption changed your life and your relationship with your pet?
- What advice would you give to someone considering adoption?